Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Power Of The Tongue


     As we listen to ourselves speak and take responsibility for the damage our tongues can do, we can take great advice from the Word of God.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this. Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

     I don’t know about you, but many times I am quick to speak and slow to listen. We think about what we are going to say next, rather than give our full attention to the one speaking. Listening to others is a gift, to really hear them and try to see their hearts. We jump to conclusions from appearance or actions and don’t take the time to go beneath the surface.

     Be slow to speak, be slow to get angry and be quick to listen. I am going to listen to that and give it a try.

Lord,

Thank You for Your great wisdom. I pray we will listen to Your advice as we look at the power of what we speak. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment