Thursday, July 5, 2018

Lord of the Dance


     Love, song, dance. We started the week there and God brought me back to dance this morning. It’s in the air this week. Remember the movie, “”Footloose?” A pastor dad of a teenaged girl did not believe in dancing. He believed God would forbid such foolishness.  Kevin Bacon reminds this preacher of the fact that King David danced in the streets, praising God. It's true.

     And the sister of Moses played the tambourine and danced, along with the other women of her day. Dance is seen throughout the texts. Here are just a few:

A time to weep and a time to laugh. A time to mourn and a time to dance. Ecclesiastes 3;4

You turned my wailing into dancing. You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent, Lord my God. I will praise you forever. Psalm 30:11-12

Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13

Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might. 2 Samuel 6:14

     Dance allows us to move outside of ourselves and enjoy the freedom that comes from feeling the music. Let Him move you from sorrow to gladness, from mourning to dancing. He is ours forever. Here is an Irish tune about the Lord! The Lord of the Dance.

  

Father,

Thank You for the joy you bring that get us to our feet in praise! The gift of music brings us gladness. Let our feet tap and our bodies sway this week as we praise You everywhere.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment