Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Praise Him In Death and In Life


    This week was a reminder to me of the circle of life.  As we let go of those we love, we often welcome new life. We attended the funeral of the 92-year-old mom of friends of ours. A few days before the celebration of her life, her 6th great grandchild was born, a sweet girl named Charlotte.

     Job wrote about this, as he mourned, in what may be the oldest book of the Bible.

At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship, and said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb and naked I will  depart. The Lord gave me what I had and the Lord has taken it away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:20-21

     The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Can we praise Him through it all? Job lost everything he owned including all of his children and yet He praised the Lord. We receive. And we let go. I found a verse this week that gave me great comfort.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants. Psalm 116:15

     Precious is our death! God will welcome His believers into heaven to be with Him forever.  Wow…do not fear death. We will depart here and be present with our God and it is precious in His sight.

Father,

We celebrate the lives of those you have given us and those who are now with You. Our deaths mean we will be present with You. Help us to savor each moment we have on earth with those we love. Your children are precious to You.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment