Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Capture Each Thought

 

     This week we have talked about minor irritations, bitterness and anger and how these negative thoughts and emotions can rob us of peace and joy. When it comes right down to it, the battle is fought most of the time within our own minds. My mind can take off on one tangent after another, winding down roads and valleys that leave me with no way to escape.

     Many times, most times, it is in the middle of the night. I have dealt with insomnia for most of my life. Did I say the wrong thing? What can I do to help her? What will I make for our weekend away? Will I sleep? Should I get up for a while and try to relax my mind? Now it’s 1 o’clock, 2’o’clock etc. etc. etc.

     You get the picture. You too? Praying and reciting calming Scripture often does the trick as I give my roller-coaster thoughts to the God of peace. In fact, there is a wonderful Scripture about capturing each thought. I would love to do just that when my mind is running away from me!

     The Bible calls the difficulties we deal with as individuals as “strongholds.” Satan knows and understands our weaknesses and knows just where and how to aim his fiery arrows, often into our own hearts and minds. Read through these powerful words.

The weapons we fight are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

     Jesus has the answers, the knowledge, the wisdom to demolish our damaging strongholds. He will never give up on finding the way to complete peace and freedom for us. Trust Him. Give Him your thoughts, ask Him for rest and peace. Memorize Scripture verses that are made just for you. And believe He is working.

     I am going to try to sleep tonight, resting in His protective arms and His promises.

Father,

You know what we need and how to provide for us. Capture every thought that does not honor You. Give us the peace that transcends understanding. Guard our minds when they move us in the wrong direction.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment