Monday, February 20, 2023

Revolution

 

     The movie, “Jesus Revolution,” will be released this weekend. Please pray with me and many others around the world for this movie to begin a revival of the Holy Spirit in our midst. This true story covers the Jesus movement of the early 70’s. Those of us living through those times, will remember a seeking culture.

     The culture was looking for answers in many of the wrong ways, including alcohol, drugs, and sex. But when a heart is seeking, Jesus answers the call. This movie follows the life of Pastor Greg Laurie.

     He grew up with an alcoholic, single mom who would marry seven times. His life was moving in the wrong direction when a “chance” meeting with Pastor Chuck Smith changed his life and the lives of many others. My husband and I listen to Greg Laurie every morning and he is an anointed Pastor preaching the Gospel with passion and love around the world.

     I saw the Jesus movement in action in the early 70’s through a high school boyfriend, along with a large group of friends at his school. A young pastor and the Young Life organization offered the love and the Gospel and for the first time in my life I saw the transforming power of Jesus Christ. This group was lit up and loved talking about faith. I believed and started to read Scripture for the first time. I would stray for more than a decade before truly giving my life to Christ. He hadn’t given up on me. This generation appears to be seeking and waiting, just as we were.

     Would you pray with me for a revival for our youth, for our neighbors, for our country? And God promises:

If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7;14

Father,

Hear our prayer as we humble ourselves, ask for forgiveness and turn back to You. Please let Your Spirit work mightily among us. We pray for this movie to open hearts as the Gospel is offered through this movie. Hear our prayer, dear Lord.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment