Monday, March 17, 2014

Come to Me

    These days of Lent bring us back each year to the journey of Jesus to the cross. It is a time to reflect, to repent, to return to the foot of the cross. Is it time to turn to Him with your life? Is it time?

     Jesus is always ready to accept us as we are, to take our burdens upon Himself, just as He accepted our punishment for sin on the cross. His open arms understand. He knew us from the beginning of time and He doesn’t want to lose even one.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30

     Allow Him to be Your rock, Your redeemer, Your foundation, Your Lord and Savior. Come to Him today with it all. Ask forgiveness, ask Him in to your life. He is ready to help you begin this beautiful life of faith with the One who will never leave you or forsake you.

Dear Lord,
You promise eternal life to all of us who believe. We place our burdens upon You today. We give it all. Comfort us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment