Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rise Above

“So the last will be first and the first will be last.” Matthew 20:16

For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and the humble themselves will be exalted.” Luke 14:11

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10

Humble yourselves therefore, under God’s mighty hand that He may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

     I have more questions than answers this week. Searching and seeking over the last twenty-something years always brings me to the foot of the cross. Can I trust God even when I don’t understand? Do I run from Him and try to figure it all out on my own? Or do I humble myself before the Creator of the universe with the understanding that He will get me through? And He will get you through.

     God hates pride above all. There is a list of the seven things God hates in the book of Proverbs and pride is at the top of the list. Satan’s removal from heaven came from his desire to be like God.

     Jesus is our example of the humble servant. He humbled Himself to die for us. He loves a meek spirit, a humble heart, a willingness to be the least and put others before ourselves. We can’t do it without Him. None of it. Beginning on our knees each day with a willingness to leave the answers to Him will set our hearts and minds in the right place. On Him. And He will lift us up. Rising above begins with a bending of the knee.

Dear Father,
We come before You this morning, with a willingness to bow before You. We don’t have all of the answers, but You do. Comfort us and lift us up to be Your servants in the world around us.
In Jesus name
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment