Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Flesh vs. Spirit

     My flesh is crying out this morning, a bump on the head after a vase hit me when rearranging furniture. A few hours later my back cried out with a burning tear after pulling some weeds. Perfect timing this week as we look at the battle between the flesh and the Spirit. The Holy Spirit within us battles against our own flesh. I can sure relate. Can you? I often think or say or do the wrong thing, even when I know it’s wrong before a word comes out of my mouth.

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. Galatians 5:16-17

     Remember the word “Holy” before the Spirit of God. His work will mold us into a Godly image. Will there always be a battle to fight? I’m afraid so. Each of us has our own weaknesses and desires apart from God and Satan is aware of each and every one of them. But walking with the Spirit brings about hope and joy and peace. Look for and expect the Spirit to let you know when you are heading for danger. Heed the warning. He always wants the very best life for us. I think I will rest the flesh today and look in the Words of the Spirit.

Father,
We want to listen to you rather than our own selfish needs and desires. You will lead us in the path of righteousness. Your Son Jesus, will keep us safe if we listen. Let Your Spirit lead us completely today.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment