Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Press On!

     The Apostle Paul wrote most of the New Testament. The Words inspired by the Holy Spirit give us great wisdom and understanding. Paul writes about this battle between flesh and Spirit. Do you see yourself in these words?
                                                                                       
For I do not do the good I want to do, but the eveil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing.  Romans 7:19

     We just can’t figure it out on our own. Paul gives us motivation to continue on with Christ.

Thanks be to God, who delievers me through Jesus Christ-our Lord! Romans 7:25a

     Jesus never gives up on us. Feeling down and out? He will pick you up. He will turn you around. Lift up your eyes to heaven, our true home and press on!

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at the goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philippians 3:12

     Jesus found you and called you. He will never let go.

Amen

     The dictates of the flesh often bring about suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment