Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Future Hope


     Hope is a beautiful word. Once hope is realized, it is no longer hope. Hope is future-oriented, a distant tug, an almost-there, a dream waiting to happen. Will there be happiness again? Will there be a way through the wilderness or through the desert? Will God answer our prayers?

     Hope. There is always hope. I pray you have hope in your heart today. If hope seems far off, you are in good company. Elijah ran from his enemies, praying to die. David fell to his knees in anguish wondering why God had left him. Moses ran off to the desert for forty years in defeat. Job lost everything, before returning to hope.

Hear these words from King David,

My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” Psalm 42:3

Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. Psalm 42:7

     As David turns his attention to his God, his misery turns into hope.

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so troubled within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5

     I pray there is hope within your heart today. Turn to God and allow Him to bring hope.

Father,

Life can be overwhelmingly hard and sad. You have given us tears and deep emotions to help us through. Give us a bit of hope no matter where we are today. Give us strength within from Your Holy Spirit.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment