Thursday, January 12, 2017

Where Is Hope?


     Hope offers us a future. Throughout the toughest times of life, even when hope seems far-off, never-to-be-found, it surprises us. As we force ourselves to put one foot in front of the other, to plunge into ordinary details, to work, to meet with friends, to talk it out, to grieve deeply, as we smile once more, we begin to hope.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him. Psalm 62:5

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His Word, I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

     Hope wins out, as we strain forward, as we wait, as we rest in our God. Patience in the work of grief turns to hope. Hope comes, through the madness, through the dark, as we wait. God is with us, always. God hears our grief, bears our burdens and understands our pain. God holds us and directs our path. Listen for His voice.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Father,

Open our ears to hear your voice, telling us which way to turn. We wait for You. We long for hope. And You answer.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment