Monday, August 12, 2013

Empty Vessels

     After a rejuvenating weekend spent with good friends, I woke early to write. I love the early morning time with the Word of God and Jesus.  As usual, I sat down and focused my arrow on the “recent documents” tab.  I have had computer issues over the last two weeks and this morning as I clicked to begin my morning, only one word came up: “empty.”

     Staring, transfixed, at the word and wondering what to do next, I thought of our lives. We keep moving, hectically busy, setting goals, getting up to do the “usual” routine, fitting in time with family and friends, going to jobs we don’t like or worrying that our children don’t need us as much or maybe they need us too much and when we do have a free minute to stop, or something shocking forces us to stop in our tracks, our hearts and souls cry out, “empty!”

     I turned off my computer,  and “emptied” all of my thoughts and frustrations in prayer. Do you need to stop today and empty yourself of what is really on your mind and heart? God is ready to fill those empty places within you. When I turned my computer back on, everything had returned to normal. Well, at least for now. As we know, life can change in the blink of an eye. Allow God to take on your burdens this morning and remember, the Word of God is life-changing and transforming.

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my Word that goes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.  Isaish 55:10-11

     God’s Word will flourish within you, planting seeds to grow into His goodness and mercy. His purposes will not return empty.

Dear Lord,
Fill our souls with Your love and Your Word. It will never return empty, but will transform us into living lives of purpose and hope.  We praise You for the way You work among us.
In Jesus Name

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment