Monday, March 23, 2015

     Fear and worry, sadness and grief, anticipation and joy, depression and hopelessness, elation and happiness, contentment and peace, unrest and sleeplessness, love and desire, trust and loyalty, mistrust and rejection. Did any of these words hit home with you? There are times when my emotions hit the majority of these in a twenty-four hour period!

     God created us to feel desire and hope, to feel grief and sorrow. In fact, our Father in heaven, sent His Son to experience all of the above in His thirty-three years on earth. Throughout the Scriptures we see Jesus weep, (John 11:35) sweat blood in His agonizing prayer before His death on the cross, (Luke 22;44) show anger at the money-changers in the holy temple, (John 2:15) sign deeply, (Matthew 8:12) suffer intently for hours and hours taking on the sins of the world. (Hebrews 2:9)

     Remember Jesus overcame those diseases, agonies, sufferings and sins for all of us. Wherever you are emotionally, Jesus has felt it Himself and experienced it for you and me. Tell Him all about it. Let Him take the burden from you and replace it with His abiding peace and joy. Trust Him with the next step. Trust Him with your tears. Trust Him with your future. Trust Him with your life.

Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life.  Psalm 143:8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

Lord,
We trust You with everything. Listen to my prayer and make my paths straight into Your will today. Be my refuge and strength.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment