Thursday, March 19, 2015

He Created You

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place; when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

     Life is precious to God. He sees our lives from before the moment of conception until our last breath on earth. Isn’t it wonderful to comprehend that we are His from beginning to end? Our days were ordained for us before one of them came to be. Some of us will live 10 years, others 35, some 55 and others 95. We live in a fallen world and there is disease, death and destruction. We don’t understand, but God does.

     Jesus overcame the world and holds us fast. He will bring us to heaven, some of us too soon, according to our preconceived notions of how long each of us should live. In the scope of eternity and forever, even 90 years is but a breath. Keep that in mind. Do not worry about death. It brings new life, a beginning to forever. God looks forward to our arrival.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants. Psalm 116:15

     God will be there to welcome us home.

Jesus,
We grieve for those who have died. We miss them among us. But we will be together in the new heaven and the new earth one day with them and with You. Every life is precious to You. We ask that you move in a mighty way among our loved ones and acquaintances to make Yourself known. We want everyone to know You and accept Your gift of salvation. You do not want to lose even one.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment