Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Our Prayer

     The pattern of the Lord’s prayer can be an outline for our prayers each day. If we begin and end our prayers with our focus on God and His majesty, it helps to put our problems, our worries, our conflicts into perspective. He understands and is working ahead of our prayers. He is our Father in heaven with the power and the glory.

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory in the heavens.  Psalm 8:1

If we ask Him to show us His will, He will direct our steps and He will use us even in the midst of suffering.

Teach me to do Your will for You are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10

 Praise Him, seek His will, give Him all of your needs for the day. When we do, He will give us His peace.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6-7

Ask God to bring to mind those you need to forgive. And ask God to forgive you for anything you have done or said.

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

     And ask for God’s protection from the evil around us, keeping us safe in His arms.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Psalm 91:1-2

Our Father in heaven listens, guides, answers, forgives and protects. Let’s always end in praising Him for it all.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19

I will praise You, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever.  Psalm 86:12

Father,
Thank You for the gift of prayer. Our praises rise up to You today as You answer us with Your love. We thank You for Your Spirit and Your Son, Jesus. In His name we pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment