Tuesday, March 17, 2015

He Knows You

You have searched me, Lord, and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise/ You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You, Lord, know it completely. Psalm 139:1-4

     Allow these truths to give you freedom. God knows you. He understands your personality traits, your fears, your circumstances and your anxiety about the future. He sees your heart. He knows what you will say even before you say it!  I love the words, “You are familiar with all my ways.”

     If there is anything deep inside that needs to be healed, let it out to Him. He knows all about it. He forgives. He comforts and He heals. Feel His presence today. These next two verses will remind you of His might and magnificence.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 21:7

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.  Psalm 147:4

     God is mindful of His creation. He knows when one sparrow dies. He counts and names the stars and He knows how many hairs are on your head. Do not be afraid. He watches over you night and day.

Jesus,
These thoughts are hard to comprehend. You know us completely. You are familiar with each one of us. You take joy in us as we seek You. Thank you for knowing us so completely and intimately.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment