Thursday, April 16, 2015

All Things

     Many of you know I am legally blind. When our oldest daughter was about 8 years old, she called from her friend’s house to see if her dad could pick her up. It was just around the block, but it was getting dark and she was scared. I told her he wasn’t home and she would need to walk. I knew I would not be able bring her home because of the darkness.

     I told her I would have the light on and be there waiting. When she walked in the door, she said, “I wasn’t even scared. I sang, ‘He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands’ the whole way home.” Isn’t that a good reminder to all of us? He is in charge of all things. I have noticed the term, “all things” over and over again in the Bible. Here are a few verses for you.

Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.  John 1:3

Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under His power and that He had come from God and was returning to God.  John 13:3

He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all-how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:32

For in Him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:16-17

     All things are His. The whole world is in His hands and so are you. Relax and be at peace in the darkness. His light is in you and surrounds you.

Father,
Thank You for Jesus. You have given Him authority over us. He was there at the beginning and He is the Word come to life. Give us Your peace.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment