Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Trust Him

     I have seen the glimmer of hope in the eyes of those who have endured great suffering. I have watched Christians move small step by small step through sickness, through the death of a loved one, through a divorce, through a difficult life transition, trusting and praising God. How?

     How do we get to the point of trusting God with absolutely everything? When do we give up the control and follow Him? The complete surrender comes suddenly for some, gradually for others and never for some, even for those who love Jesus.

     It’s easy to express our praise through the days of ease and comfort isn’t it? We can thank Him for the easy blessings of everyday life, but when something unexpected happens or we watch a friend or loved one suffer, it is difficult to trust.

     We live in a fallen world. We can’t deny it, but God is in charge. He planned ahead of time for our redemption through the suffering of Jesus. He has a plan for us and He will walk us through our lives with hope. Psalms 42 and 43 are written by King David at a low point in his life, when he feared death from many enemies. Maybe you can relate. Are you feeling attacked and surrounded by enemies of your own? So was he.

These sentiments are written several times in these two Psalms. The first part of the verses go like this:

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Psalm 42:5a, 11a and Psalm 43:5a.

    Listen to the second part of the verses:

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.  Psalm 42:5b, 11b and Psalm 43:5b

     I will praise Him. I will hope in Him. My Savior and my God.

     I want that kind of trust and hope. Hang on to the hope of our Savior. Let Him take control. Where does He want you to go? What does He ask you to do? His way will bless you with hope, comfort and peace. Trust Him. Here is a blessing for you today:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment